We are looking for a talented C# Engineer to help us improve our automated document quality-checking capabilities and build new seamless integrations for our customers, as we continue a long period of explosive growth (>100% / year).
What is Silktide?
Silktide is an online platform that helps organisations understand and improve their websites.
Our software is used worldwide by household names like eBay, the World Health Organisation, and Accenture.
Where is Silktide going?
Silktide is self-funded and doubles in size each year. Joining us now will mean you’ll be a big part of our growth and your career will have the potential to skyrocket alongside our success.
What will you be doing?
You’ll be responsible for developing our document automated quality-checking capabilities in C#. We provide document QA checking for our customers to help them create great content that is accessible and error-free.
The work you do will impact the lives of millions of people around the world who are currently unable to read these documents as the document creators didn’t understand web accessibility. You can make a real difference here.
You’ll also help us flood the market with integrations into our customers’ tech stacks to provide them with a more seamless experience.
You’ll have the opportunity to use and introduce some of the latest technology and be given loads of space for creativity, autonomy, developing your skills, and putting your stamp on Silktide.
We will be using TypeScript more and more so if this is something that you would like to learn then we will support that.
You should apply if:
- You have at least 3 years experience as a Software Engineer in a similar position
- You are proficient with C#
- You enjoy solving complex problems
- You enjoy autonomy and like to take ownership
- You are efficient, proactive, and super organised
- You are a team player and want to be part of a fast-growing business
You should not apply if:
- You shy away from fast-paced environments
- You are worried about telling your boss they are wrong
- You need someone to tell you exactly what to do
- You don’t like lofty goals
What we’re like
We’re early stage and moving fast, which can be exciting but means that we’re less structured than some people might like. It’s not for everyone, but if you’re smart, ambitious, and trustworthy you will do well here.
We heavily promote an open culture. Every member of our team keeps a Slack journal, to log their thoughts, work, and ideas. And you can read everyone else’s – even the CEOs.
Freedom is key to Silktide. We’ll give you the freedom to choose your work, your tech, and of course, your location.
Most of all, we are doers. We pride ourselves on getting amazing things done.
- Flexibility to work where you like
- Choice of your own laptop + home office budget
- 23 days paid holiday (increases with each year at Silktide)
- Private healthcare plan provided by Vitality Health
- Gym membership of your choice
- Enhanced paternity and maternity pay
- MacBook Pro (M1 or better)
- Home office budget (£1500) – typically a large monitor, chair, peripherals
- 2 weeks/year dedicated to your skills development (“Silktime”)
- Opportunities for rapid career progression
Applying for this role
If you’ve read this far and think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you.
This position requires you to be a resident of the United Kingdom.