Published: June 29, 2021
This accessibility statement applies to the Silktide website, help desk, and our web application.
Our goal is to make all our web properties usable by as many people as possible. For example, this should mean you should be able to:
- Navigate using a mobile device, including zooming in up to 300% with reflow
- Navigate using a keyboard
- Navigate using speech recognition
- Navigate using assistive technology (e.g. Screen reader)
- Have an appealing, intuitive, and usable experience
We have also made our text as simple as possible to understand.
To help as many people as possible, we have been using the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1 requirement. These guidelines are recognized all over the world as the gold standard for making a website accessible and usable for everyone.
We have chosen to target WCAG 2.1 AA requirement for all our web properties.
How are we doing?
The Silktide website and support center is considered WCAG 2.1 AA compliant. We have processes for new content that should ensure it remains at this level.
All new product releases to the platform are built following WCAG 2.1 AA standards. However, some of the legacy parts of our application are known to have some issues that fall short of the WCAG 2.1 AA standard.
The web app issues are:
- Page inspector does not work on a mobile device
- Some tables scroll in two dimensions due to the data inside them.
- Most older PDF, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software.
- Some of our older videos may not feature captions.
- You cannot skip to content when using a screen reader.
- Our map widget in the GDPR module is not accessible to a screen reader.
- Our graph library is not accessible to a screen reader.
What are we doing about this?
At Silktide we are committed to following the WCAG 2.1 AA standard across all our web properties. Whilst we aware this is going to take some time to achieve, we are committed to making this happen as it’s the right thing to do to provide a great user experience for everyone.
To help achieve this ambitious plan, we have set up the following:
- We have established a rule that all new content released must be WCAG 2.1 AA compliant.
- We have built WCAG testing into our development procedures and testing plan.
- We conduct quarterly reviews outside of the development team of our WCAG compliance
- We have updated our internal policies to make accessibility every employee’s commitment
- We provide accessibility training to all of our employees
- We use our software on our web properties to continually test for WCAG failures
We are also working on a full VPAT that should be launching within the next couple of months.
How to provide accessibility feedback?
If you have enjoyed using our products, have any issues, or would like to leave some feedback to us, we would love to hear from you.
We are working hard to achieve WCAG 2.1 AA compliance, but we are also aware that we have other opportunities where we could improve. We would love to hear your thoughts on this.
You are entitled to lodge a complaint to Silktide if you are dissatisfied with our response. To do so, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you within 5 working days.
Technologies we use
Accessibility of Silktide web properties relies on the following technologies to work:
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 29th June 2021.
The website and applications were last tested by Silktide on 29th June 2021.
We tested on the following:
- All major desktop & mobile browsers (Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Edge)
- All major screen readers (VoiceOver, NVDA, JAWS)
- All pages of the web application, website & help desk
- During manual audits, we tested all template pages and the pages with the highest traffic
- Automated testing using the Silktide platform