What we do
- We’re a SaaS platform that tests websites, and helps our customers understand and improve them
- We crawl millions of pages, perform complex analysis on their contents, and present this information in a compelling and useful way
- Our focus is on accessibility, where we help people with disabilities make full use of the web
- Intelligence – much of web accessibility is beyond what can be tested with simple rules. We continue to push the boundaries of what a computer can assess automatically.
- Scale – we routinely download and analyse millions of webpages, and that number grows fast. Doing this in an efficient and scalable way is a continuous challenge.
- Accessibility – we’d be hypocritical if our own product wasn’t an exemplar of web accessibility, but that doesn’t mean it’s easy, and there are always areas to improve.
- Maturity – as technology changes and we grow, we have to continuously re-invent ourselves. Our engineering team is its own product, and one we can always make better.
We’ve grown our recurring revenue by over 1,000% within the last 3 years, and expect to continue for a long time.
That means a lot of excitement, incredible opportunities for rapid career development – plus a measured dose of chaos. If that sounds like fun to you, it probably will be.
- Our frontend is a statically served React / TypeScript web application.
- Our backend is a highly distributed constellation of services, built around a centralized task runner. Most of this is in PHP, with a gradual migration towards TypeScript.
- To experience webpages as our users do, we use Chromium / Node.
- For storage we mostly use MySQL, Redis, and S3.
- Our infrastructure is hosted on AWS and defined in Terraform.
What do we offer?
Aside from a fantastic culture, we offer competitive salaries, real opportunities for progression, and support at every stage of your career.
Of course, we offer nice things as well, including:
- Laptop of your choice
- 100% remote-work
- Generous home office budget
- Gym memberships
- Training and development
- Private healthcare
Role C# Engineer
Job type Full Time Remote