The 10 most accessible UK university websites revealed
The results are in! We’ve tested over 130 UK university websites for accessibility. Read on to see who’s topped our list.
What is the Silktide Index?
It’s a list of UK public sector websites tested for accessibility. It includes local government, NHS, police and, you’ve guessed it, universities.
We’re Silktide. Our mission is to make the web a better place for everyone. In providing this leaderboard we’ve highlighted the winners in each sector.
Without further ado, let’s take a look at the top ten.
10) University of Warwick (78/100)
9) University of Derby (79/100)
8) University of Greenwich (80/100)
7) Swansea University (82/100)
6) University of Aberdeen (82/100)
5) Birkbeck University of London (84/100)
4) University of Worcester (87/100)
3) Heriot-Watt University (88/100)
2) University of Bradford (89/100)
1) University of Manchester (89/100)
Congratulations to the University of Manchester!
What a great result for Manchester! They’ve jumped straight in at the top of the list for February 2020.
Just narrowly missing out on the top spot were the University of Bradford and Heriot-Watt University.
Being in the top 10 out of 132 university websites is a fantastic achievement, so every institution on this list should be praised for their hard work.
Silktide runs this report every month, so check back in early March to see if the University of Manchester can keep its crown as the most accessible UK university website.
You can see all the results for yourself in the Silktide Index. It covers a wide range of public sector websites including UK Councils, Police Forces, NHS Trusts, UK Fire and Rescue Services and UK Ambulance Services.