PHP Backend Developer
We’re looking for a new PHP Backend Developer to join our team.
Full time | Based in Derby, UK | £30 - £40k D.O.E
Silktide build cutting-edge website analysis tools used by household brands around the world. We're looking for developers with a flair for PHP to join our growing team.
You'll be working mostly in PHP 7.2 alongside a team of experienced developers. Our stack is currently based on AWS, Redis, MySQL, ES6+, Redux, and React which, along with being a lot of fun, allows us to quickly prototype and polish our ideas.
Examples of challenges we work on include: multilingual spelling and grammar checking, using AI to improve SEO, and scaling to test millions of webpages every month. We're moving fast and no two days are the same.
Applicants are expected to demonstrate high proficiency in PHP. Familiarity with any of the other technologies listed above is a plus. You'll need to be able to manage your own time, be commercially minded and have the confidence, passion and creativity to champion your own ideas.
We offer awesome perks, opportunities for rapid career progression, and competitive compensation based on your experience.
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the title of this role in your email subject.
- Your choice of computer and operating system. We use a mix of Mac, Windows and Linux here; you’re free to pick what works best for you.
- Flexible hours.
- Free on-site parking and close to Derby train station.
- We’re located on Pride Park – close to gyms, restaurants, cafes and transport links.
- Choice of displays and ergonomic desks.
- Aeron or equivalent Herman Miller chairs.
- Your choice of gym membership.
- Unlimited mineral water, espresso coffee and other beverages.
- Conference trips and training budget.
- Social events: cinema nights, lunches, activity days and more.
We cannot sponsor visas at this time. No agencies please.