We need a talented and enthusiastic Software Engineer to join the ranks of our fast-growing company and help us deliver amazing products to our customers.
What is Silktide?
Silktide’s mission is to make the web better for everyone.
We make software to test and improve websites. Organisations around the world use Silktide to help deliver great web experiences that are accessible to all.
Our customers include FORTUNE 500 companies, universities, governments, and web design agencies.
We cover almost every aspect of the web, including accessibility, marketing, content, and privacy. A big part of our work is helping people understand these complex areas in a way that works for them.
Where is Silktide going?
Silktide is self-funded and is more than doubling in size each year. This growth will continue to accelerate and with that in mind, we need to expand our Engineering team to meet the needs of our increasing customer base.
We have ambitious plans to improve the quality of the web. We believe every website should be accessible, compliant, and of high quality. Our Silktide Monitor platform is the first step in our mission. It helps web teams and content contributors with a mixed range of abilities to easily manage hundreds of thousands of web pages.
If you want to help us in our mission to make the web more accessible, then it’s never been a more exciting time to join Silktide!
What we’re like
We heavily promote an open culture. Every member of our team keeps a Slack journal, to log their thoughts, work, and ideas. Everyone can read these. Want to know exactly what your CEO is working on? Done.
Freedom is key to Silktide. We’ll give you the freedom to choose your work, your tech, your working hours, and of course, your location! We don’t clock in and out, in fact, we don’t check your hours. As long as your work is done, the rest is up to you.
We’re growing fast and need smart, ambitious, and trustworthy people to join our team.
What will you be doing?
If you’re looking for an opportunity to learn and expand your skills within Software Engineering with a fast-growing SaaS business, Silktide is for you.
As a Software Engineer at Silktide, you’ll be helping with the day to day management of the Silktide platform, a platform that is used by amazing organisations around the world – the World Health Organization, eBay & Santander to name a few!
You’ll have the opportunity to learn about and use the latest technology to solve problems faced by our customers and get involved in the development of new features and products. You’ll be expected to keep innovating and come up with new ideas on how to improve our platform.
You’ll be provided full training on all aspects of the business, the products, the services offered, and most importantly, you’ll learn a tonne about SEO, Accessibility, Web Governance, and more.
There will be loads of space for creativity, autonomy, developing your skills, and putting your stamp on Silktide.
Where you will be working
It’s up to you. We are a remote-first company. This was a deliberate choice before COVID-19 made it cool — We value work-life balance and hate sitting in traffic.
We’re currently looking for a United Kingdom resident for this remote-based role.
You should join us if:
- You have at least 2 years commercial experience using PHP & MySQL
- You enjoy autonomy and like to take ownership
- You are efficient, proactive, and super organised
- You have an excellent understanding of technology
- You are a team player and want to be part of a fast growing business
- You are ambitious, with the desire to learn
- You are someone that will speak up when something is not right
- If you have any experience using CI platforms or Amazon Web Services then this will be a bonus
You should not join us if:
- You shy away from fast-paced environments
- You are worried about telling your boss he is wrong
- You need someone to tell you exactly what to do
- You don’t like lofty goals
What will you get in return?
- Flexibility to work where you like, whenever you like
- Salary of £35,000 – £45,000 depending on experience
- Choice of your own laptop + home office budget
- Gym membership of your choice
- 2 weeks / year dedicated to skills development (“Silktime”)
- 20 days paid holiday + public holidays (increases with each year at Silktide)
- Training budget
- Annual company retreat (2022 is Barcelona)
- Development opportunities – we are growing quickly which opens plenty of doors for career development
- Random gifts that turn up on your doorstep courtesy of our Happiness Manager
- Work for an inspiring, people-centric company that is working to improve the quality of the web
Interested? Fill in the form below with your CV.
This is a remote-working opportunity.
This position requires you to be a resident of the United Kingdom.