Sales Development Representative (Remote, UK)
- £30-£35k+ OTE (depending on experience)
- Fully remote (UK-based)
- Career progression opportunities
Who are Silktide?
At Silktide we solve complex problems that help increase the quality of the web, including ensuring users with disabilities are able to use the web equally.
We cover almost every aspect of an organisation’s web presence, including content, accessibility, marketing, mobile, social, speed, and legal compliance.
Our platform makes an organisation’s web team perform more effectively by taking the pain out of identifying and resolving issues on their website.
What makes us unique is that we don’t just provide software to our customers. We work with them to educate their team on complex topics such as web accessibility.
We heavily promote an open culture. Every member of our team keeps a Slack journal to log their thoughts, work, and ideas. Everyone can read these. Want to know exactly what your CEO is working on? Done.
Freedom is key to Silktide. We’ll give you the freedom to choose your work, your tech, your working hours, and of course, your location! We don’t clock in and out, in fact, we don’t check your hours. As long as your work is done, that’s good enough for us.
We’re growing fast and want ambitious, honest, trustworthy people to join our team.
What will you be doing?
If you’re highly driven and want to be part of a fast-growing SaaS business, Silktide is for you.
As a Sales Development Representative at Silktide, you’ll be central to our growth and the first point of contact with our customers.
You’ll be responsible for managing and communicating with leads from all inbound channels. You’ll work on live opportunities by qualifying and consulting with potential customers and assist your territory Account Executives with pipeline fulfillment.
You’ll be expected to develop ongoing product knowledge and market awareness and act as a trusted advisor to the people you talk to. You should be seen as an expert who can help organisations solve the challenges they’re facing.
You’ll be provided full training on all aspects of the business, the products, the services offered, and most importantly, you’ll learn a tonne about SEO, Accessibility, Web Governance, and more.
You should join us if:
- You are passionate, creative & determined
- You are personable and can build relationships quickly
- You have the skills to ask great questions and uncover a prospect’s issues and pain points
- You can convey potentially complex information in an accessible way and match these to the customer’s requirements
- You have 1+ years of sales experience as an SDR, BDR or equivalent (preferably in SaaS)
- You have a passion for technology
- You can take the initiative to identify and solve problems with urgency
- You should be approachable and offer to help where needed
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are ambitious, with the desire to learn and help our business grow
You should not join us if:
- You shy away from fast-paced environments
- You are worried about telling your boss they are wrong
- You need someone to tell you exactly what to do
- You don’t like lofty goals
Where is Silktide going?
Silktide is self-funded and is more than doubling in size each year. This growth will continue to accelerate and with that in mind, we need to increase our Sales Development team to support us.
We have ambitious plans to improve the quality of the web. We believe every website should be accessible, compliant, and of high quality. Our Silktide Monitor platform is the first step in our mission. It helps web teams and content contributors with a mixed range of abilities to easily manage hundreds of thousands of web pages.
If you want to help us in our mission to make the web more accessible, then it’s never been a more exciting time to join Silktide!
Where will you work?
It’s up to you. We are a remote-first company because we value work-life balance and hate sitting in traffic.
Silktide doesn’t dictate where you work, we only ask that you are a UK resident and have a good internet connection to be able to perform your job.
What will you get in return?
- Flexibility to work where you like, whenever you like.
- Uncapped £30,000-35,000 OTE (depending on experience)
- Choice of your own laptop + home office budget
- Gym membership of your choice
- 2 weeks / year dedicated to skills development (“Silktime”)
- 20 days paid holiday + public holidays (increases with each year at Silktide)
- Training budget
- Annual company retreat (2021 is Barcelona)
- Development opportunities – we are growing quickly which opens plenty of doors for career development
- Random gifts that turn up on your doorstep courtesy of our Happiness Manager
- Work for an inspiring, people-centric company that is working to improve the quality of the web
Interested? Fill in the form below with your CV.
This is a remote-working opportunity. This position requires you to be a resident of the United Kingdom.