Talented product designer wanted to join our growing tech startup.
Who are Insites?
Insites is small but successful B2B SaaS startup embarking on an exciting phase of growth. Our platform analyses millions of websites each year and provides digital marketing agencies with the right information at the right time to attract, convert and retain more customers.
It’s sad but true that most small businesses suck at digital marketing. Even in 2021, so many websites are slow, riddled with errors and don’t work on a mobile. Out of date Google listings, poor performing ads, poor reviews – these are all problems faced by many small businesses. But it doesn’t need to be that way.
We’re on a mission to help every small business maximise their online presence. Our platform checks over 200 factors critical to getting found online and presents this information in a clear and actionable way for small businesses. We’ve tested tens of millions of websites globally, and we’re just getting started.
What we’re looking for
Insites is looking for our first product designer to join our product team and accelerate our feature delivery. To apply for this role, you must have:
- A minimum of 2 years experience working in UI/UX design, ideally in B2B SaaS
- A track record in using research methods to produce high quality UX designs
- Excellent knowledge of wireframing tools (e.g. Miro)
- Excellent knowledge of modern design & prototyping tools (e.g. Figma)
- Experience of user testing and analytics to make data driven decisions
- A good understanding of UX best-practices
The ideal candidate
The right candidate will have the following qualities:
- You are passionate about creating great products that customers love to use
- You thrive in an open, collaborative environment
- You enjoy being given the autonomy to figure out the best way to solve a problem
- You can grasp technical concepts and distil them down to a simple explanation your grandparents would understand
- You are happy to manage your own workload and suggest process improvements
- You are looking to work in a challenging, but rewarding environment (growing isn’t easy!)
- You are open to constructive feedback and taking onboard the ideas of others
- Bonus points if you have existing knowledge of how the web works, digital marketing or SEO
You should not apply if:
- You need someone to tell you exactly what to do
- You don’t like collaborating with others to achieve a shared goal
- You are unwilling to get stuck in with a variety of tasks (we’re a small team!)
You’ll be working in our core product team with 3 developers. Together, you’ll have a shared responsibility for delivering new features according to our product roadmap.
As our first product designer, you will own the process of designing and optimising each customer journey within our platform:
- Gather and evaluate user requirements
- Illustrate design ideas using storyboards, process flows and sitemaps
- Produce design assets, prototypes and design documentation for our developers to work from
- Develop design guidelines for our platform, and ensure they’re consistently adhered to
- Identify and suggest solutions for UX problems in our platform
- Take a human-centred approach to your design by collecting & acting upon real user feedback for your proposed solution
What will my first year at Insites look like?
First 3 months
- Familiarise yourself with our culture, vision and working practices
- Get to know our platform, product line up and existing customer base inside-and-out
- Share your existing knowledge with the team on how design thinking and best practice can lead to better outcomes for the user & the business
- Produce prototypes and design assets for existing projects in our backlog
Within 6-12 months
- Define and implement an effective design process
- Conduct the end-to-end requirements gathering, design and delivery of major features in our platform
- Implement design guidelines for our platform and ensure their use is consistent and enforced
- Support the product management function of the business to prioritise the most impactful opportunities, based on your customer insight
- Design and run user research sessions and workshops
What makes Insites an awesome place to work?
We offer awesome perks, opportunities for rapid career progression, and competitive compensation based on your experience:
- Excellent salary (£40,000 pa)
- Fully remote & flexible hours
- We use the latest and greatest tools Choose your own equipment
- Home office budget
- Your choice of gym membership Conference trips and training budget Cycle-to-work scheme
Applying for this role
If you’ve read this far and think you’d be a good fit, we’d really love to hear from you. Reach out to us with the following:
- Your portfolio (a link to an online portfolio is fine)
- Your CV (an export of LinkedIn is fine)
- A cover letter, explaining why you think you’d be a good fit