We’re searching for a passionate Technical Support Specialist to join the ranks of our fast-growing company and help us to support our amazing customers.
Who is Silktide?
Founded in 2001, Silktide helps thousands of customers analyze tens of millions of web pages every year. Our mission is to make the web a better place for everyone. We do this by creating technologies and educating people on making better websites.
Our platform is a bit like an operating system for understanding websites. Many tools can test one aspect of a website – like accessibility, speed, or SEO – but Silktide was designed to integrate all of these and more.
We built a world-class architecture for analyzing websites and added a management layer for collaborative work on top. By bringing these elements together into a single platform, we’re able to provide a comprehensive and user-friendly set of dashboards and reports to help website owners quickly improve their pages by targeting the things that matter most. Our unique technology can interact with web pages like a real person, allowing us to thoroughly test complex user journeys, such as multi-step registration pages or making a purchase on your site.
Our users are found in over 900 cities around the globe and our customers include FORTUNE 500 companies, universities, governments, and web design agencies. We cover almost every aspect of an organization’s web presence, including content quality monitoring, accessibility testing, SEO, mobile and speed performance, analytics, and legal compliance
Where is Silktide going?
Silktide is self-funded and is more than doubling in size each year. Joining us now will mean you’ll be a big part of our growth and your career will have the potential to skyrocket alongside our success.
We have ambitious plans to improve the quality of the web. We believe every website should be accessible, compliant, and of high quality. Our Silktide Monitor platform is the first step in our mission. It helps web teams and content contributors with a mixed range of abilities to easily manage hundreds of thousands of web pages.
If you want to help us in our mission to make the web more accessible then it’s never been a more exciting time to join Silktide!
What we’re like
We heavily promote an open culture. Every member of our team keeps a Slack journal, to log their thoughts, work, and ideas. Everyone can read these. Want to know exactly what your CEO is working on? Done.
Freedom is key to Silktide. We’ll give you the freedom to choose your work, your home office, and of course, your location.
We’re growing fast and need smart, ambitious, and trustworthy people to join our team.
What you will be doing
As a Technical Support Specialist, you’ll help our customers resolve issues that prevent them from being successful with Silktide.
You’ll react to customer questions via our live chat and ticketing system (Intercom) whilst creating proactive content regularly on our support portal to answer questions a customer may have before they need to ask them!
When you aren’t reacting to customer issues or proactively creating content, you’ll support internal teams with questions they may have about the platform.
You’ll also help our growing team refine and execute our support strategy, optimise the customer experience and help build a high-performing support team.
There will be loads of space for creativity, autonomy, developing your skills, and putting your stamp on Silktide.
You’ll also become a champion for web accessibility, helping to train and educate on the importance of creating accessible web content and experiences.
Where you will be working
It’s up to you. We are a remote-first company. This was a deliberate choice before COVID-19 made it cool — We value work-life balance and hate sitting in traffic.
We’re currently looking for a United States resident for this remote-based role, with preference given to those in the Eastern Time Zone.
You should join us if
- You are comfortable in a remote-first environment
- You have a passion for helping others succeed
- You enjoy autonomy and like to take ownership
- You are efficient, proactive, and super organised
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills
- You have the ability to identify and document technical problems
- You have at least 1 year of experience in a similar role, preferably in SaaS
- You have some knowledge of or experience with HTML/CSS and web accessibility (desirable)
- You have some knowledge of or experience with SEO and digital marketing (desirable)
- You are not a robot! We want someone who can put a friendly touch on conversations, and can take initiative to solve problems 🙂
You should not join us if:
- You shy away from fast-paced environments
- You are worried about telling your boss they are wrong
- You need someone to tell you exactly what to do
- You don’t like lofty goals
What you will get in return
- $50 – $60k depending on experience
- A shiny new MacBook and any peripherals you need to be successful
- Gym membership of your choice
- Home office budget
- Health insurance (including Dental and Vision)
- A company 401K plan
- 2 weeks / year dedicated to skills development (“Silktime”)
- 20 days paid vacation + public holidays (increases with each year at Silktide)
- Training budget
- Random gifts that turn up on your doorstep courtesy of our Happiness Manager
Apply today! We’ll need a resume containing details of previous relevant experience.