Silktide is looking for a passionate and entrepreneurial Senior Business Development Representative to join the ranks of our fast-growing US sales team.
Who is Silktide?
Silktide’s mission is to make the web better for everyone.
We make software to test and improve websites. Organizations around the world use Silktide to help deliver great web experiences that are accessible to all.
Our customers include FORTUNE 500 companies, universities, governments, and web design agencies.
We cover almost every aspect of the web, including accessibility, marketing, content, and privacy. A big part of our work is helping people understand these complex areas in a way that works for them.
Where is Silktide going?
Silktide is self-funded and is more than doubling in size each year. Joining us now will mean you’ll be a big part of our growth and your career will have the potential to skyrocket alongside our success.
We have ambitious plans to improve the quality of the web. We believe every website should be accessible, compliant, and of high quality. Our Silktide Monitor platform is the first step in our mission. It helps web teams and content contributors with a mixed range of abilities to easily manage hundreds of thousands of web pages.
If you want to help us in our mission to make the web more accessible then it’s never been a more exciting time to join Silktide!
What we’re like
We heavily promote an open culture. Every member of our team keeps a Slack journal, to log their thoughts, work, and ideas. Everyone can read these. Want to know exactly what your CEO is working on? Done.
Freedom is key to Silktide. We’ll give you the freedom to choose your work, your home office, and of course, your location.
We’re growing fast and need smart, ambitious, and trustworthy people to join our team.
What you will be doing
As a Senior Business Development Representative, you’ll play a key part of our sales expansion in the US. You’ll be responsible for identifying potential new customers through research, making initial contact, qualifying and passing the lead on to your territory Account Executives and assisting with pipeline fulfillment.
You’ll be expected to develop ongoing product knowledge and market awareness and act as a trusted advisor to the people you talk to. You should be seen as an expert who can help organizations solve the challenges they’re facing.
You’ll be provided full training on all aspects of the business, our products, and you’ll learn a ton about accessibility, user experience, SEO, and more.
Where you will be working
It’s up to you. We are a remote-first company. This was a deliberate choice before COVID-19 made it cool — We value work-life balance and hate sitting in traffic.
We’re currently looking for a United States resident for this remote-based role.
You should join us if
- You are passionate, hungry, and eager to make a name for yourself
- You can convey complex information clearly
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You can take the initiative to identify and solve problems with urgency
- You have at least 3+ years of Business Development experience within a SaaS company
- You have a passion for technology
- You should be approachable and offer to help where needed
- You are comfortable making cold calls and writing quality email cadences
- You have a valid passport (there is potential for travel for onsite customer meetings and work retreats!)
You should not join us if:
- You shy away from fast-paced environments
- You are worried about telling your boss they are wrong
- You need someone to tell you exactly what to do
- Conversations about money, budgets, or sales make you uncomfortable
What you will get in return
- Flexibility to work where you like, whenever you like.
- $80k-$90k OTE depending on experience + uncapped commission
- A shiny new MacBook and any peripherals you need to be successful
- Gym membership of your choice
- Home office budget
- Health insurance (including Dental and Vision)
- A company 401K plan
- 2 weeks / year dedicated to skills development (“Silktime”)
- 20 days paid vacation + public holidays (increases with each year at Silktide)
- Training budget
- Random gifts that turn up on your doorstep courtesy of our Happiness Manager
Apply today! We’ll need a resume containing details of previous relevant experience.