Silktide is looking for a passionate and entrepreneurial Proposal Coordinator to join the ranks of our fast-growing US sales team.
Silktide is an online platform that helps organizations understand and improve their websites.
Our software is used by household names like eBay, the World Health Organization, and Accenture around the world.
We cover almost every aspect of the web, including accessibility, marketing, content, and privacy. A big part of our work is helping people understand these complex areas in a way that works for them.
Where we’re going
Silktide is self-funded and doubling in size each year. Joining us now will mean you’ll be a big part of our growth and your career will have the potential to skyrocket alongside our success.
What will you be doing
As a Proposal Coordinator, you play a key part of our sales expansion in the US. Your focus will be on identifying potential contracts and then taking the lead on the tender process.
You’ll be expected to develop ongoing product knowledge and market awareness and act as a trusted advisor to the people you talk to. You should be seen as an expert who can help organizations solve the challenges they’re facing.
You’ll be provided full training on all aspects of the business, our products, and you’ll learn a ton about accessibility, user experience, SEO, and more.
You should apply if:
- You are passionate, hungry, and eager to make a name for yourself
- You can convey complex information clearly
- You have 1+ years of bid writing experience
- You have a passion for technology
- You can take the initiative to identify and solve problems with urgency
- You should be approachable and offer to help where needed
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
You should not apply if:
- You shy away from fast-paced environments
- You are worried about telling your boss they are wrong
- You need someone to tell you exactly what to do
What we’re like
We’re early stage and moving fast, which can be exciting but means that we’re less structured than some people might like. It’s not for everyone, but if you’re smart, ambitious, and trustworthy you will do well here.
We heavily promote an open culture. Every member of our team keeps a Slack journal, to log their thoughts, work, and ideas. And you can read everyone else’s – even the CEOs.
Freedom is key to Silktide. We’ll give you the freedom to choose your work, your tech, your working hours, and of course, your location! We don’t track your hours or measure your bathroom breaks. So long as your work is done, the rest is up to you.
- Flexible hours
- Competitive salary + uncapped commission
- 3 weeks paid vacation + public holidays
- 100% coverage PPO health insurance with Blue Shield
- Choice of your own laptop (Mac or Windows)
- Home office budget – typically a large monitor, chair, peripherals
- 2 weeks / year dedicated to your skills development (“Silktime”)
- Opportunities for rapid career progression
Applying for this role
If you’ve read this far and think you’d be a good fit, we’d love to hear from you.
This position requires you to be a resident of the United States.