Sales Development Representative
- $52,000+ OTE
- Fully remote (US-based)
- Career progression opportunities
What is Silktide?
At Silktide we solve complex problems that help increase the quality of the web, including ensuring users with disabilities are able to use the web equally.
We cover almost every aspect of an organization’s web presence, including content, accessibility, marketing, mobile, social, speed, and legal compliance.
Our platform makes an organization’s web team perform more effectively by taking the pain out of identifying and resolving issues on their website.
What makes us unique is that we don’t just provide software to our customers. We work with them to educate their team on complex topics such as web accessibility.
We heavily promote an open culture. Every member of our team keeps a Slack journal to log their thoughts, work, and ideas. Everyone can read these. Want to know exactly what your CEO is working on? Done.
Freedom is key to Silktide. We’ll give you the freedom to choose your work, your tech, your working hours, and of course, your location! We don’t clock in and out, in fact, we don’t check your hours. As long as your work is done, that’s good enough for us.
We’re growing fast and want ambitious, honest, trustworthy people to join our team.
What will you be doing?
If you’re keen to be on the front-line of making the web a better place, Silktide is right for you.
As a Sales Development Representative at Silktide, you’ll be central to our growth and the first point of contact with our customers.
You’ll be responsible for managing and communicating with leads from all inbound and outbound channels to fill the pipeline of our territory Account Executives.
You’ll be expected to stay current on the product and its benefits and be able to convey this to customers. You should be seen as an expert who can help organizations you reach out to solve challenges they’re facing.
Most importantly, you will be creating and testing outbound campaigns to help generate new business for Silktide, while working closely with our Marketing team to help increase inbound leads. You’ll be given the opportunity to experiment with different channels to find something that works best for you.
As an early member of this team in a new territory, you will also be working to develop best practices and build out a sales process we can scale.
You’ll be provided full training on all aspects of the business, the products, the services offered, and most importantly, you’ll learn a ton about SEO, Accessibility, Web Governance, and more.
You should join us if:
- You are passionate about improving the quality of the world wide web
- You thrive on excellence, autonomy, and rebellion
- You have 1+ years of sales experience (preferably in SaaS)
- You have a good understanding of technology
- You are a do-er, creator, “make it happen-er”
- You have experience with qualifying leads
- You have a proven experience of creating cold outreach campaigns
- You can take the initiative to identify and solve problems with urgency
- You possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You are ambitious, with the desire to learn the sales process from start to finish
- You are someone that will speak up when something is not right
- You have a knack for asking great questions to uncover a prospect’s issues and pain points
You should not join us if:
- You shy away from fast-paced environments
- You are worried about telling your boss he is wrong
- You need someone to tell you exactly what to do
- You don’t like lofty goals
Where is Silktide going?
Silktide has recently expanded into the US market after huge success in the UK. We don’t want to double in size each – that’s far too slow! We’re ambitious and have rapid expansion goals!
The market we are in is huge… all businesses of all sizes have a website. We hope you are as excited as we are about this!
2021 will be a strong year for Silktide and we want you to be a part of this.
Where will you work?
It’s up to you. Want to sip drinks in the Bahamas while making a sale? Go for it! Want to work in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean, sure!
We are a remote-first company. This was a deliberate choice because we value work-life balance and hate sitting in traffic.
Silktide doesn’t dictate where you work, we only ask you to have a good internet connection to be able to perform your job.
What you will get in return?
- Flexibility to work wherever you like, whenever you like
- 3 weeks paid holiday + public holidays
- Health insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision)
- Uncapped $52,000+ OTE ($40,000 base DOE)
- Choice of your own laptop + a home office budget
- Training budget
- Silktime – we pay you each year to learn and upgrade your skills
- Development opportunities – we are growing quickly which opens plenty of doors for career development
- Work for an inspiring, people-centric company that is working to improve the quality of the web
Interested? Fill in the form below with your resume.
This is a remote-working opportunity. This position requires you to be a resident of the United States.